How to Clean Bonavita Coffee Maker (In Less than 3 Minutes😍)
- 1 SO How to Clean Bonavita Coffee Maker at home?
- 1.1 Disassembling, Cleaning, and Descaling your Bonavita Coffee Brewer:
- 1.2 Check hacks to make café-style cappuccinos & latte at home
- 1.3 Can I use vinegar to descale Bonavita?
- 1.4 Is descaling solution better than vinegar?
- 1.5 How often should I clean my coffee maker?
Disclaimer: A lazy Guide for the Real Coffee Lover
No Talkie before coffeeeeeeee!
Yeah, I’m that kinda coffee freak.
Starting a day freshly without the taste of coffee is impossible!
Can’t even imagine it!
It’s more like something is missing when you can’t start your day with the perfect flavor of the coffee. Not only caffeine, but coffee is also related to different ingredients full of natural minerals.
And guess what?
These minerals become your headache when you notice that yeast or mold is growing inside your coffee maker, and the main taste is fading away somehow. So, you need to clean your coffee maker on a regular basis.
I’m a big fan of Bonavita coffee machines (especially espresso).
But I have to admit, cleaning the machine is always a nightmare. That’s why today I decided to show you how to clean your Bonavita coffee maker step by step.
Cleaning your Bonavita coffee maker is pretty simple. You need to go through some easy steps and precautions. One thing you need to keep in mind that you need to clean your coffee maker on a regular basis. It’s essential to clean your coffee maker.
You may face some bothering problems if you don’t clean your coffee maker regularly. How do I clean my Bonavita coffee maker?
In this section, we’ll discuss how you can easily disassemble your coffee maker and clean each part of your coffee maker perfectly.
P.s: There is a bonavita clean button.
Besides, we’ll go through a descaling process to get back your fresh regular coffee taste.
To disassemble your Bonavita coffee brewer, you need a clean and hard flat surface to start with. It keeps your things tight and holds there when you’re doing it so. Besides, don’t forget to unplug the coffee brewer before you start the disassembling procedure.
- First of all, remove the filter and carafe from your Bonavita coffee maker. It’s easy and simple to deal with. Just pull them with your hand.
- Now, use your left hand to hold the brewer while you’ll be removing the lid with the right hand gently. Removing the lid is pretty simple, but a little pressure is required to remove it perfectly. Make sure that it comes off.
- Now, flip the lid, and you can see there’s a showerhead. This showerhead is removable, and you need to remove it from there. You can do this with your fingers by giving the required pressure. Besides, you can take help with a screwdriver or something like that. The showerhead is made with high-quality plastic, but you have to make sure that you don’t break it after all.
- The carafe lid cover is also removable, and to clean it properly, you need to remove it.
All these parts are dishwasher safe if you wash all of them in the first rack of your dishwasher. So, cleaning these parts is pretty simple. You can do the cleaning with your hand as well. Just wash them with a scratch-free scrubber.
But……………Don’t forget to have a close look at Bonavita coffee maker parts.
Assembling the Bonavita coffee maker is pretty simple. But first, clean everything and dry them off. You can start the process when everything is ready.
- First, you need to attach the showerhead. You can find a tube inside the water reservoir, attach the showerhead there. The showerhead should face down. Make sure it sits firmly there.
- After that, attach the brewer lid with the water reservoir side first. Then, slowly push it down, and you’ll hear a click sound when it’s perfectly attached to the showerhead.
- Now, keep the carafe and the filter in their place. You’re all set.
Descaling the brewer:
Mineral deposits from water and other things slowly make a scale on your coffee machine, which slowly leads to different problems like out-of-taste coffee, low performance, fungi attack, mold, and yeast. This is why you need to descale the machine after a specific period.
How do I descale my Bonavita coffee maker with vinegar?
It’s recommended to descale your brewer after every 100 uses. However, the scale and buildups occur faster if you have hard water issues. It would help if you descaled more often then.
- The descaling process is really simple and easy. First of all, take your descaling powder and dissolve it into 32 Oz of clean water.
- Prepare a solution out of the descaling powder and water.
- Now, pour it into the water reservoir up to the max level and put the lid on.
- When everything is ready, plug in your coffee maker and run on a whole brew cycle.
- After the whole cycle, drain the water.
- Now, run on 2/3 brew cycle with regular distilled water to make the solution taste go away.
Your Bonavita coffee maker is totally clean now!
Using vinegar is one of the most old-school methods of descaling coffee makers, and yes, you can use vinegar to Descale your Bonavita coffee maker. The procedure of cleaning with vinegar is really simple.
What is the best way to clean the inside of a coffee maker?
If your coffee maker reservoir isn’t full of yeast and mold, you may go through a light descaling cycle. This process requires just vinegar and regular water. So let’s jump to the main process of how to clean bonavita coffee maker with vinegar.
- First of all, make a mixture of mineral water and vinegar. The ratio of water and vinegar should be equal-equal in the solution. Mix the solution properly.
- After that, pour the solution into your water reservoir to max level and put the lid on.
- When you poured it with the solution, run a whole brew cycle to descale the buildups.
- When the cycle is completed, run a few cycles with regular water to make the odor go away.
Now, drain the water to get a fresh taste.
Should I run vinegar through my coffee maker? You need to remember that you may need to add more vinegar to the solution if you have a thick buildup there. In this case, you need to go through couple more brew cycles with regular water.
Looking for the best descaler for bonavita coffee maker? Urnex Full Circle is my favorite.
Is descaling solution better than vinegar?
Vinegar is an old-school method of cleaning and descaling mineral buildups from water pots and coffee makers. When there weren’t this many commercial descaling solutions available, people used to use vinegar.
Now, when various descaling solutions are available on the market, people still prefer using vinegar as it’s found in every kitchen. People from all stages use it randomly for different purposes.
It’s obvious that descaling solutions are way better than vinegar in terms of cleaning and descaling as the descaling solution uses different kinds of acids, including citric acid, acetic acid. They are focused on descaling different water pots. On the other hand, vinegar isn’t that powerful, and the purpose of using vinegar is different.
What is the best descaler for coffee machines?
We suggest using descaling with commercial acid-based solutions to descale, but when you can’t afford one, or you don’t have the solution at that time, you can go with vinegar.
How often should I clean my coffee maker?
Cleaning your coffee maker is essential. You need to go through the cleaning process regularly, or else you’ll lose the taste out of your coffee maker over time. Mineral build ups are harmful to your health, and they make your coffee out of taste.
When it’s a question about how often you should clean your coffee maker, we would suggest you clean it after every 100 times. If you count on a monthly basis, you may need to clean it every month, at least once.
If your area has hard water, you may need to clean the coffee maker more often. Cleaning is a regular life task, so you shouldn’t ignore it.
The bottom line?
So, this is how you can clean your Bonavita coffee maker. The steps are pretty easy and simple. You just need to follow the instructions. Keeping your machine top-notch is essential as it’s related to your health issues.
So, clean your coffee maker regularly. Last but not least, read the bonavita coffee maker manual carefully.
If you have any questions regarding this issue, even regarding how to clean Bonavita kettle or Bonavita coffee maker will not turn on, or issues like Bonavita coffee maker blinking light.
Feel free to leave a comment here.
Chao for today!