7 Best Sausage Stuffers to Make Your Own Salami At Home
Damn, I love sausage!
Does it sound’s like you?
You are not alone on the boat. Everybody loves the sau-s-sau-s-sau-sau-sau-sausage! In fact, nothing is compared to the crunch on the first bite into that chasing.
If you are a dedicated sausage lover like me, you won’t satisfy with the sausage made by a meat grinder.
No doubt, meat grinders are ridiculously handy cooking appliances but not good enough to make casings you are looking for. But the big question is:
What is the best sausage stuffer for home use?
Here is a list of 9 best sausage stuffers machine to try homemade pork and Italian sausage recipes.
Why do you need a sausage stuffer?
Glad you asked!
I have tried a variety of stores throughout the busy years to buy sausages that are okay. But it didn't match the quality of sausage that my Grandfather made when I was a child. I have always had the recipe for this mouthwatering sausage but never had the time to make it.
Yes, preparing your sausage needs enough time, but if you have the sausage-making machine, you could do the job efficiently and quickly. I was lucky to have a sausage stuffer that helped me to make the sausages I desired.
Even if you can make sausage without a stuffer, having a sausage stuffer is necessary because it is faster, safer, and easier to use.
According to our research, having a sausage stuffer implies that it enables you to stuff sausage meat in a casing with ease. Another source reveals it could be the most important tool to have for those who want to get the best sausage out on the market.
Also, you can save yourself from worrying about what stuff is needed in your sausage to make it delicious with the meat.
- 1 7 Best Sausage Stuffers Review to Make Sausage At Home
- 1.1 1. Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer- The Best Sausage Stuffers for Home Use
- 1.2 2. Sunmile Sm-G73 Sausage Maker- Best Electric Sausage Stuffer
- 1.3 3. Lem 20 Lb Motorized Sausage Stuffer- Best-Motorized Sausage Stuffer
- 1.4 4. Stx Turboforce Platinum- A True Commercial Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer
- 1.5 5. VIVO Vertical Sausage Stuffer- Professional Sausage Stuffer
- 1.6 6. Electric Meat Grinder Sausage Maker by Luckdeal- Best Sausage Stuffer for the Money
- 1.7 7. Stainless Steel Homemade Sausage Maker- Best Sausage Stuffer under $100
- 1.8 Type of Sausage Stuffer available on the market
- 1.9 Things to Consider Before Buying the Perfect Sausage Stuffer:
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Best Sausage Stuffers
7 Best Sausage Stuffers Review to Make Sausage At Home
Here is our review on top sausage stuffer recommendations to make fresh sausage at home.
1. Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer- The Best Sausage Stuffers for Home Use
The frame is made from stainless steel and nicely locks the meat cylinder into place.
Reducing the movement of the cylinder while stuffing! That means, over-all stability and impressively aligns the piston and minimize O-ring friction.
What about the base?
This 7 Lbs. Hakka sausage stuffer has a solid base of stainless steel. So don’t worry about sanitary sausage processing. The best part, the base is flexible and mountable to almost any surfaces. The 2-Speed feature helps me making a good chunk of sausage smoothly. This stuff is my favorite to make Tandoori and pork sausage.
That’s not all…….
If you are a little concerned about hygiene fact, I got good news for you. All parts that directly related to foods meet the SGS hygiene standard.
2. Sunmile Sm-G73 Sausage Maker- Best Electric Sausage Stuffer
Stuffing your own sausage and salami from start to finish is not so tough if you have the right tool at your hand. I realize this after using this awesome sm-g73 sausage maker and meat grinder from sunmile.
Let me say this straight:
Actually, I purchase this as a meat grinder, and after trying Italian sausage, this one won my heart.
This meat processing equipment has some tremendous features to get a good position on the top game-winner sausage stuffer reviews.
Judge me after knowing a little bit about this sausage kit. First of all, the white, sleek appearance will surely beat any other ugly, old-fashioned manual stuffer.
You may already know, it’s an electric appliance. But what you might not notice that 600W rated powerful motor can make some of the best breakfast sausages with perfect natural chasing.
It’s a big deal, man!
In fact, sausage isn't perfect and flavorful without something to stuff it in. If you are a sausage lover, you what exactly am I talking about. This versatile appliance comes with big sausage stuff. This monster can stuff up to 185 pounds per hour.
Not only for home use, could it be easily entered in the list of best commercial sausage stuffer. Various button for ON/OFF/Reserve/Reset makes it super convenient to start.
3. Lem 20 Lb Motorized Sausage Stuffer- Best-Motorized Sausage Stuffer
As a well-known USA home appliance manufacturer, LEM has been producing quality meat processing machines for domestic and the world market for decades.
This time they nailed it with a motorized sausage machine.
The thing that impresses me most about this powerful sausage machine is the easy assemble. This handy machine makes home meat stuffing easy!
Glad you asked!
With 8 different speeds, allow you stuff and grind at your own pace. Besides this, the electric foot switch lets make the smoke cheddar sausage hands free. From slow to fast, variable speed control makes stuffing a breeze. No matter whether it’s vegan or meat, you are gonna get purest organic meat with perfect chasing- Every time.
Quick and easy!
Another thing that keeps it ahead from the rest of the others it allows one person stuffing. The durable stainless steel base, along with a detachable cylinder, makes filling easier than ever.
4. Stx Turboforce Platinum- A True Commercial Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer
Preparing casing has never been this much fun before!
Why am I saying this?
This thing is massively reduced the time; usually, it takes to stuff Chorizo sausages. As you can see, it’s a platinum edition to complement your kitchen counter. You can use it as a meat grinder also. Apart from other accessories, you will find a gorgeous set of 3 Stuffing Tubes.
But the big question: is it enough to stuffing meat?
The motor inside this stuff includes 2000 Watts of output power, which is good enough to grind even the toughest cuts of pork or chicken without getting stuck in the least.
Here is the coolest part:
The “Quad Air Cooling” technology will double up the life of this unit. The great thing, you can stuff with or without the foot pedal. And that’s the feature I love most about this meat processing machine. It’s the ultimate home grinding package I came across.
The 100% Polished Cast Aluminum appearance takes it another level. To make the finest sausage, it features a beaner. Undoubtedly, this unit is one of the best sausage stuffers for snack sticks.
But keep in mind: Not all the part is dishwasher safe.
5. VIVO Vertical Sausage Stuffer- Professional Sausage Stuffer
This Vivo meat processing machine is a “Beauty and a Beast”
STUFR-V205 is a 5 Liter Sausage processor, including a stainless steel cylinder and a metal base. The high torque gears made this appliance study and long-lasting.
The best part of this vivo stuffer is the straight forward disassembly. It allows super easy and fast cleaning.
An effortless appliance for both ameture and professionals.
But wait – there’s more…..
All pistons and tools are wrapped up by metal. And you will be glad to know this unit from Vivo is LFGB certified, and also maintain SGS safety standards.
What about cleaning?
It’s most simple when it comes to cleaning and loading—all you have to do tilt and pull out to remove the cylinder. The dual-speed gear gives the utmost power when stuffing meat while faster gear to reload the cylinder quicker with more meat.
Still not convinced?
The convenient crank system demands less effort while pushing out perfect sausage chasing. Besides the support of friendly tech, Vovi gives you a full one year warranty.
6. Electric Meat Grinder Sausage Maker by Luckdeal- Best Sausage Stuffer for the Money
As a heavy-duty sausage stuffing machine with ETL approved, we can make the most delicious Italian and Salsiccia at home effortlessly. This electric stuffer requires 500W power to run smoothly. Not all inexpensive sausage stuffer is junk; this unit proves that.
Blades are fully enclosed that reduces the chances of injury. The most interesting part, it features a meat pusher so that your hands will be out of the feeder.
Good for you!
Now let’s talk about buttons. ‘On’ button is as usual for turn it on, consequently ‘reverse’ to reverse the direction of the motor and last one "O"is turn it off. But be careful; press the same button the same way for safety.
Never wash this meat grinder with water over 50° Celsius. And don’t run longer than 5 minutes; press pause to let the motor cool off.
7. Stainless Steel Homemade Sausage Maker- Best Sausage Stuffer under $100
The is Master Feng Stainless Steel Sausage Maker truly all you could ever want out of a sausage stuffer– it will, quite literally, become my best friend at a homemade sausage-making time!
And you know what?
This tool can be both can both stuff and mince meat into a chasing. That means you will get two services with this single appliance.
And it is not just for sausage, but also perfect for making bratwurst, hot dogs, hot links and german sausage.
Compact yet powerful enough to stuffing meat of 2.5 Ibs at a time. This meat filling kitchen tool is vertical, while 8 filling nozzles included with the package.
Wondering Why 8 tubes?
4 stainless steel tubes and a bonus 4 different plastic tubes so that you can make a variety of fresh sausage effortlessly at home. And the diameters are 14mm, 18mm, 21mm, and 25mm.
The meat stuffer body is constructed with stainless steel and, most importantly, hygienic. The solid, constructed tube can easily be removed to fill and clean.
Type of Sausage Stuffer available on the market
There are three types of sausage stuffers you might find. You will find three types of sausage stuffers out on the market. These are including:
1. Horn sausage stuffers:
Horn stuffer comes in only in the manual model.
It is made with cast iron (plated with chrome). Also, you will find some models that are made from stainless steel.
Manufacturing capacities range between 3 to 5 lbs of sausage.
2. Horizontal sausage stuffers:
- Horizontal sausage stuffers are available in both motorized & manual models.
- It comes with a larger cylinder that can hold 5 to 20 pounds of meat.
- The stuffing cylinder of this stuffer is oriented up and down.
- It is made from stainless steel that makes it durable.
- The filling process of this unit is simple & straightforward.
- It is user-friendly & high hygienic standard
3. Vertical sausage stuffers:
- The vertical stuffer is the most popular one that has models for both professionals & beginners.
- It is available in both electrically & manually.
- The electrically operated vertical sausage stuffer can manufacture large amounts where the manually operated unit can produce a small scale.
- The manufacturing power of vertical sausage stuffer is high.
- It has easy to deal with crank and high efficient motor.
- Manufacturing capacities are range between 5 to 15 Ibs.
Horizontal vs. vertical sausage stuffer
As the name suggests, Horizontal sausage stuffer has its forces moving in the horizontal. The large piston-like cylinder of this unit holds the seasoned ground meat. Likewise, the stuffing cylinder is installed horizontally.
And guess what?
The stuffing tube releases the meat at the end of the cylinder. The total capacity of a horizontal sausage stuffer is around 5 to 20 lbs. that’s means; it is easy to use, maintain, and clean. Overall, A horizontal sausage stuffer is ideal for commercial purposes.
Now let’s back to Vertical sausage stuffer:
Vertical sausage stuffer has its forces moving in the vertical. It has a piston-like cylinder for holding the seasoned ground meat. The stuffing cylinder is installed vertically. In the meantime, the stuffing tube releases the meat at the end of the cylinder.
Here is the most interesting part:
You can operate this stuffer both electrically and manually. The total capacity of a horizontal sausage stuffer is around 5 to 15 lbs. In summary, it is ideal for producing a large number of sausages
A Meat Grinder or Sausage Stuffer- What To Choose?
- A meat grinder is a kitchen tool that is ideal for mixing, grinding or fine chopping by chopper of raw meat.
- They are available in both manual and electric models of different sizes.
- A manual meat grinder uses a handle to move the drill.
- It offers a healthy way to avoid readymade or processed meats.
- An electric meat grinder comes with a powerful motor system.
- The blade of this unit lasts for a long time.
- Sausage stuffers are meat tools which will help you to make your sausages.
- It is ideal for stuffing the different types of casing.
- You can make the sausages by using this unit fast.
- An electric stuffing machine features an electrical foot switch, eight speeds, and a large capacity.
- They are well suited for both home and commercial purposes.
- Sausage Stuffer comes with a large canister.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Perfect Sausage Stuffer:
1. Manual or electric
You will find both electric and manual sausage stuffers available out on the market. You can choose one as per your needs.
The electric stuffer is very functional to produce a large number of sausages as it removes the time and effort in the preparation. It is a bit pricey than a manual one.
However, when it comes to stuffing sausage tubes, you will find them both fast enough to do the job.
One of the most important things that you need to consider is the capacity of the stuffer you choose.
The size of your sausage stuffer needs to be proportional to your needs. Perhaps, it would be good to go for a stuffer that can hold 3 to 6kg of raw material.
3. Grinder blades:
Another essential feature to look for when you buy a stuffer is to check the edge of the grinder. Ensure the edge has filler and well-sharpened to do the job done.
According to the manufacturer's design, stuffing machines are made up of different materials. So you should check all the elements of the stuffer and make sure they are easy to clean, assemble and disassemble.
Besides, it is recommended to buy a stuffer which is durable enough to withstand any weather conditions. not only for stuffer, all my appliance like saute pan, family air frying machine, wet grinder has one feature, they have to be durable.
5. Vertical or horizontal
Ok, I have already talked about this quite a bit. So won’t elaborate it much more.
You will find both vertical and horizontal sausage stuffer available out on the market. They can make your job a lot easier. A vertical stuffing unit is easy to use than a horizontal one due to its gravity.
6. Cylinder size
The cylinder size plays a significant role while filling the machine as it speeds up the process and reduces the working time.
7. Filler tube sizes
The filler tubes or funnels are other significant points you need to consider to know what type of sausages you may get from the stuffing unit.
8. Easy to use
It is advisable to opt for a sausage stuffer, which is easy to use. You can buy an electric filler if you want to use it commercially.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Best Sausage Stuffers
The stuffing machine can provide you the sausages that are healthier compared to traditional sausages. The best sausage making machine always comes with some unique features. These are including:
- Made with premium quality materials
- Highly durable which will last for a long time
- High capacity cylinder
- Easy to fill and clean
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
The Cabela's sausage stuffer is a commercial-grade sausage-making machine which is made by Weston.
The price of a sausage stuffer may vary based on the color and size. Usually, you need to invest in between $15 to $500 for a sausage stuffing machine.
The costs of the plastic made models are below $50. On the other hand, you need to spend $50 - $100 for a stuffer made from metal parts.
1. Firstly get the meat out on the market.
2. Pour the meat into the case that you are going to seasoning
3. put the sausage seasoning on the inside that you want to mix
4. Remove the cylinder from the stuffer.
5. Put the cylinder into the meat log.
6. Now fill up the cylinder with the meat and remove it from the stuffer.
7. Choose the real size of the stuffing tube
8. Use non-edible casing that has been soaked in water.
9. Curve the handle down (inside) as the piston goes down on the inside
10. Gradually you will enjoy the seasoned meat by using LEM sausage stuffer
- Choose a stick of collagen sausage casing and check it for damage. (Cut the parts which have visible cracks).
- Glide a part of collagen casing over the filling tube of a sausage-making machine and push it back.
- Cut the extra length of the casing while the filling tube is thoroughly covered.
- Around your finger, adjust the cut end and tie the curbed part into a joint.
- Now fill the casings of your sausage stuffer with the cool sausage mixture
THE BOTTOM LINE?
If you want to gets the top line machine to make your healthy and fresh Sausages at home, perhaps choosing the Sausage stuffer wouldn't be a wrong investment. In fact, you can opt for a Sausage stuffer if you are a meat lover.
Perhaps it could be the pioneer of a world of possibilities and is a worthy addition to all sausage lovers as well. As you can see, I tried to reveal the secrets of sausage stuffer that does the job without breaking the bank.
Good luck ya’ll!
Want to Explore more cool kitchen appliance? Here is some related resources:
- The 10 Best Cookware for Glass Top Stoves (And What to Avoid)
- What is a wet grinder? A Must-have cookware for south Indian cuisine
- Best Airbrush Kit for Cake Decorating To Create a Wow-Worthy Cake